My first day back in the studio was Tuesday. As I was still too full of thoughts of the installation and the reception to settle down, I spent the day sorting through my paper drawers (which I am SO lucky to have). I passed some sheets along to the local high school along with lots of smaller pieces. Most importantly, I reorganized my approach to the papers I use for the Spirit Books. On the left is a small part of what was a much larger pile of bits and pieces on the floor and on the right is one of the rearranged drawers. Before I had one drawer with full sheets and one with smaller pieces. Now I have the same kinds together regardless of size. I think it will function better.
I also went through my plastic drawer of bits and pieces from the Spirit Books. I put the scraps in my collage box and arranged torn and folded sheets into neat piles,
put page pattern ideas that didn't work in prior books into a cigar box,
and started a collection of pieces of paper with information on the type and where purchased written on them (I do not do as good a job of keeping track of where papers come from as I should).
It was a most productive and satisfying day.